Thursday, February 10, 2005

Lunar New Year Eve

守岁
华人过年前夕的礼仪. 目的是要父母能长命百岁.

I have not practise this ceremony for years... For the past few nights before eve, Shou Sui came to my mind and I start to think of its purpose. I was thinking it is true that we just keep ourself awake for the night and our parent life will be prolong? It might be the process of keeping ourself awake and accompany our parent for the night causes our parent more happy, hence, their life is prolong... after all that is my assumption. Hence, I decided to check whether my assumption is correct, by keeping myself awake for the coming eve.

I online, chatting with friends to keep myself awake, but this method fail me, because msn is down and my network connection has error too. Then I went to do some reading...finally my father went to sleep, then my mother still busy with the house work, then I did some chatting with her...then went back my room and play my laptop... then i fall asleep.

Sadly this year, I can't prove my assumption again...because of my lazyiness. What can I do? Wait for new year loh. Hope this post, can remind me.

No comments: