Monday, May 23, 2005

Achievement

LWJ asked "What achievement you want?"
I was thinking "What kind of achievement I really want?"
QQ joked "Fame? Simple, strip and run around, tomorrow sure as famous as william hung."
I replied "那是虚名!我要的是名流千古而不是臭名远扬."
WWX kept in silent.

I got confused and found two meanings for achievement in Collins Dictionary.
  1. Achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
  2. Achievement is the process of achieving something.

If I based on the first meaning and make out what achievement I made so far, there will be quite a lot, so I listed and classify some I think is important to me.
  • Primary Sch- 棋王(I had five disciples), Silver Cup for Math Competition on Stage, One of the Most Famous student in CTPS, Math Dist For PSLE.
  • Secondary Sch- 棋王(Win the TSS Chess Competition), Stage Perform On New Year Celebration, Got into Best Class, Found My First Love, Adviser of S.L.A.C.K.
  • Poly- Class Rep for 1 year, 孙子兵法 Dist, IT sec of SP Astro, Got into Game Development.

Above Achievement, I put into efforts in studying, training and making friends.

小学让我傻傻地认为我是天才, 中学让我受尽苦头让我绝望, 今天我觉悟了.

If I based on the second meaning. Maybe I will relate it with my life goals.

  1. 报答父母
  2. 我和周围的朋友都开心
  3. 提高社会水平

These goals actually is never be able to fulfil, there is no limit to all the goals. But I just want to reach or fulfil my life goals as much as I can before my death.

笑着过一生, 天塌当被盖.

1 comment:

Jack said...

We lack closure.
And a piece of peace.