Monday, November 01, 2010

Two Issues

There are two issues I wish to solve, Poverty and Aging Population.

True poverty is lack of education.
If education can come in a form of affordable or even free, this might able to solve the problem on health issue related, understand the number of choices in life and able to maximize one's potential.

Everyone should have the right to have proper education and lead a good life.

When one lead a good life, it is very likely that they will grow old eventually.
Aging population is the problem that the world is facing, this never happen in the past generation due to global disease attack and war causality. Because of peace and good medical support, people can live much longer than they used to have. This is a good thing but people see it negatively.

The solution is not to abandon them, but learn from their wisdom and experience.
It is true that when one get old, his/her ability will decrease but one's experience will still increase. Instead of abandon them in old folk home, we should think of ways to slow down the process that their ability start to decrease. Everyone should take up the responsibility of the elderly they have in the family. 家有一老,如有一宝.

Meanwhile, I will think of a solution to fix these two major problems that many countries are facing. My friend actually have a good idea of letting the senior citizen to setup schools to teach the young generation. I think I will think in that direction to provide the elderly a meaningful life that they can continue to lead on.

1 comment:

Dan Dan said...

I like the idea of elderly teachers, young students.

Let's first ban graduates from entering NIE. HAHAHH