Saturday, September 26, 2009

Climb High, Fall Hard.


Today, I jump from the tree that is printed on Singapore $5 dollar note.

The height is about 2m. After the jump. I learn many things.

Say is easy, do is tough.

Before this jump, I always wonder why action movie they can repeat the character jump at a high height for so many time. Now I know why. It is because it is not an easy task as you thought.

When I was up there. Time seem to slow down til you felt it don't existed...I don't really care how much time has passed...the fear is overwhelming. 1min 20 seconds have passed. I decide to waste no more time and do the jump. It is actually my 2nd jump. But the feeling is totally different. Why?

First jump, I was forced by no one but forced by situtation. When I climb up the tree...I realise I only can jump down from the tree...many people will think why I don't climb down from the way I climb up. At that moment, it is not possible and is more dangerous by yourself.

When I climb up the tree...I am barefoot, because it is more safe due to higher friction and better control. When I am up the tree...I need shoes as protection to cushion the impact fall on ground. At that moment, my mind tell me I left one solution but I was wrong.

For every problem, there is actually more than one solution. The another solution is actually is use barefoot and climb down from the way you climb up. I am shock when I see this solution works.

Try relate this climbing experience with our life experience.

When we raise in our rank, career position, status. Does we ever thought that we will fall from the top? Most of the time is no. Why? You are blind by the happiness of being at the top of the world.

But when you truly tired being at the top of the world...and you want to have a stable ground life. You completely regret that why you climb so high. First thing comes to your mind is to get as many protection you can get and do the fall and crash and pray that you are still alive. But how many people at the top will want to come down willingly and do some preparation for the fall. Not many, most people comes down by forced or sabotage by other people who want their position and most of the time the fall is deadly without a warning.

My friend shows me that is a easy and safe way out. It is to climb down from the top when you are contented and come down humbly without protection but has the assist of other, a friend which you will trust to catch you when you will fall during the process of coming down. Then slowly back to the ground step by step.

Having a good friend is better than having a good falling spot.

So why there is the 2nd jump? Simply because it is fun to jump but every jump is different you might injured.

No comments: