
Other Before Self.
This is my primary school motto. Primary school leh!
This is so difficult to achieve!
In this competitive society and somewhat selfish education system.
Our education system sort of telling us that we always have to be ahead of others.
Be the best. Only top 5% can get distinction. Only top three winner have trophy.
So much peer pressure, yet we have to let other before self?
Yes, my moral value tells me that I should do "Other before self" action.
But today I find it very difficult to do it and I am very sad about myself.
Tomorrow I have assignment to hand out. My friends ask me to help them.
I wanted to! But it is like mud Buddha cross river sia.
They ask me question that I have problem solving.
They ask me to do things that they suppose to know and do it like a week ago.
I ask myself should I help them?
My first thought in mind, huh?! can they make up their mind? can they fix their problem? can they stop thinking I am genius who know everything that they don't know.
I hate those feeling and their face expression. When they ask me a question, then I was like okay that problem I haven't encounter but I not sure my solution is right or not. So I will reply them, hmm, I don't know leh.
Then they give me those kind of look, like I selfish I don't want to teach. They give me all kind of look, surprise, shock, disappointed, ignored, blur. Some more power, ask me question liao...then I say I don't know...then they simply continue their work...kaoz...not even a "thank" reply sia...can they know the situation or not. I am a student too leh...not lecturer leh...I here to learn not teach leh.
Haiz...then I think and think and think. Why am I so angry? I am angry of their stupidity or I am angry on my selfishness or my stupidity too. Suddenly an answer come to my mind.
I am sad that I not as capable as other thought. I am angry that why individual does not take up their own responsibility. I will change all this crap and nonsense.
I will spent my time learning more on my major. I will shikai my intelligence first.
I must be more hardworking. I will pray that everyone can be responsible for their role. I will pray that people can wake up from their laziness. I will help other before self. Yes, I will. Although I might end up sacrifice myself but as long as I still hold a breath, I will create miracle and help other even they may not deserve my help. They are weak hence I must help. I hope the strong will help me too.
Hope "Other before self" will not be a bullshit idea in this society, this generation. Hope I will not be the throw behind, then those people in front of me saying "(Other before self - OBs) Oohhh Beee Good lah"
You may ask how the chart above related to this topic.
I don't know. I just find it interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment