Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Map to Happiness

Recently I been thinking a lot, normally I already think a lot, so you can imagine what can happen if I think a lot a lot. I will end up confused and lost.

When I am lost or confuse with which direction to take. I will look at map or see my iphone Google Map. So suddenly I have this idea, life will be great if we have a map that point us to our happiness. Somebody might say we have the map and it called Holy Bible.

Bible does give me a peace of mind but I can't find much happiness from it. I have no idea why. Sometime via events, I could feel love from God, family and friends. But sometime I just felt lost again.

So I start to think of which direction I should go? Does it mean that if certain area in life look sad or depress I should avoid it at all cost? Because happiness is unlikely to held in that direction?

Then I saw this sentence "Happiness is not simply the absence of despair. It is an affirmative state in which our lives have both meaning and pleasure."

I realise that I often have the moment of happiness after a long period of hardship. For an example: The sense of relief after week of exams and simple happy feeling of knowing that there are friends around me that will support and catch me if I fall. The ability to fall and stand strong again and forgive myself of what I have done in the past, via time I am happy again.

We are what we do. If we constantly do good deed, make other happy, we will be happy too. Kindness is the most important virtue. To share and to give, allow one to get happy via knowing that he has help other from saddness and despair.

The three components of happiness are something to do, someone to love, and something to look forward to.

Normally, the thing you want to do, need lot of money. Then we start to find money, then we got money but forgot what we want to do initially.

Normally, someone to love, the one you love don't love you, the person who love you, you don't love, after you lost that person that you start to regret and realise you love that person. I am blind to love.

Normally, something to look forward to, take lot of time. I look forward that my exam ended quickly, it did but I am lost. I look forward that my final year project will end successfully then I start to worry that I will lost again on finding my carreer path? Probably I going to be lost again.

It might be better that we are lost sometime.
When we lost, we look and think.
When we think, we recall and picture get clear.

I imagine myself being a kindergarten teacher, teach a class of kids on what I want to share with them, then happily go home and happily wake up and wish to share my teaching with the kids again. At home chat with my mom, end of the month, get salary and treat family and friends dinner. Then repeat this rountine til I retire.

But that is imagination after all. My life shouldn't be so simple.

My map is bigger than I thought.

No comments: