This year is a fruitful year for me.
I learn many new skills, knowledge & techniques.
I also manage to know many new friends.
On 23 June 2010, I started to work hard for my initial aim.
My aim is to get into DigiPen-Ubisoft Professional Conversion Program for Game Designers.
The aim is not easy as they only have 10 students intake.
I started with taking up a modular course on Game Mechanics & Balance.
Enjoy the teaching over there and manage to make a few friends with same interests and passion.
Meanwhile, I work on my portfolio for the PCP for Game Designers.
The portfolio has many requirements.
1. Traditional Arts
2. Observational Analysis
3. Game Critique
4. Conceptual Development
This is just the beginning.
During the Game Mechanics & Balance modular course, I manage to learn to have better understanding in different core dynamics and how to balance a game. I also manage to create a few boardgames.
Right after I completed my modular course, I started with SP's Xbox 360 Game Development, manage to catch up with my juniors and learn about using C# on XNA Studio 3.1. Later on, I manage to self learn on converting XNA Studio 3.1 codes to XNA Studio 4.0 / Windows 7 Mobile.
Soon, I received email from DigiPen that my portfolio has been accepted and I have to go for their entrance exam. Their entrance exam is the longest exam I ever taken.
The exam lasted for two days (Saturday & Sunday), Exam period from 9am to 5pm each day.
Yes, so it is a total of 16 hours long exam. It required 8000 words.
After few days of waiting for the results. I passed my exam ! I was like so happy.
Then I received email from DigiPen & Ubisoft to go for their interview.
During DigiPen interview, I was nervous maybe I haven't done interview for quite awhile.
For Ubisoft interview, I was more well prepared and Ubisoft Company look great. People there is very friendly. After the interview, I really hope that I can work at there in the future.
After another few days of waiting, I received news that I got accept into the PCP for Game Designers on 30 September 2010.
The whole process from starting to plan for getting into DigiPen until I received the letter of acceptance. It took me exactly 99 days. Now, I know why people like to say wait long long.
I glad that I achieve my aim for 2010 if not all my hard work might go to drain, but i think the experience is still very worthwhile.
Now I shall plan for my next step.
No comments:
Post a Comment